Mara just called to say she had a wonderful opening night dinner at Alt Summit. She is already meeting some absolutely wonderful people and is so excited about finding ways to share this message with even more delightful readers like YOU!
That means I’m sitting here alone in Brooklyn, eating one of Mara’s forbidden foods…Pizza! (is there anything more cruel than going off gluten and dairy and being denied pizza??? I don’t think so!) Appropriately, tonight’s post and pictures will be in honor of all the bachelor foods I used to make myself while typing away love letters to Mara before we even met. In case you need to start this series from the beginning, click here.
|Pizza from Anthony’s – just half a block away!|
I’m IN LOVE. I’m in love with a man I have never met. How is this possible???
No matter what happens, I think we’ll just look back and laugh at these first few weeks. I’ve had enough giddiness in one week to last me for a very long time. I am so very deeply happy right now. I am just smiling. And longing to know if this could be the beginning of an amazing journey. We will see.
Oh Danny, how is it possible that I could feel I miss you? Yet I have never met you? You have been SO very good to me. And I appreciate every drop of you. THANK YOU for being so kind, happy, humble. And thanks for being so open with me & so willing to put yourself out there.
I should be doing so much work right now. But I simply cannot resist writing you. 🙂
Let me just say that I love so very much about you:
- that you value service and truly care about the people you serve. I wouldn’t have a thing to do with you if you didn’t 🙂
- that you are SO solid. So unbelievably grounded…how did I find you????
- your very positive outlook! I simply love positive people.
- your excitement for life and so many things (including me!!).
- your ambition! seriously love seeing that in you.
- your smarts
- your meticulous and heart warming writing. 🙂
- your logical /planner side…i seriously love and appreciate that.
- your willingness to go the extra mile with important things (helping people, mentoring, teaching, etc. you are a SAINT)
- your smile – and oh so handsome face. I hope I am not intimidated of your good looks!!! 🙂
- your ability to rise above what is/could be one of the worst human experiences. [you SERIOUSLY kick some butt. Holy moly, Danny!!! We really rock, you know. I felt super human doing what I did and I am sure you felt the same. Of course we know it’s not our strength!!! We just know where to get it !! 🙂 ]
- your complete enthusiasm for your faith.
- your willingness to show love to me and to take such a huge risk here!
- your guts. I can tell you have them.
- your desire for BIG and GREATER things for yourself and your family and your marriage. I, too, want only the best!
- your desire to do good for this world and your desire to have a work life that will allow for that.
- your desire to travel. And I can tell that you have such an open mind with all people. I love that. (many people are not this way)
- your seriously funny comments and funny things you write. I laugh so hard (or cry) with nearly every email. I love it.
- your desire for a family.
- your complete acceptance of me and appreciation of my goodness and strength.
Well….. i could keep going. But I’ll save some.
Know that I am crazy about you!! You seriously have EVERY SINGLE QUALITY that I could ever dream of in man. You have it all. I appreciate and adore every bit of it.
I am listening to Hard Headed Woman. Over and over and over. 🙂 And every other love song makes me think of you right now. Ohhhhhh….. so hard every time to say….
You can’t imagine how often I ate breakfast burritos as a single man… What’s not to love about potatoes, bacon, egg, cheese, and carmelized onions wrapped up in a flour tortilla with just a little bit of salsa?
I just loved your emails last night…so much to catch up on.
Oh boy….thank you for your list…it is wonderful to be admired for so many things I strive for. And what’s best, it reminds me of one of my favorite quotes by Goethe, and one of my greatest life lessons when it comes to my interactions with other people. “If you treat an individual as he is, he will stay as he is. But if you treat him as if he were what he could be and ought to be, he will become what he ought to be.” I love that you see all of that in me…I see it in myself as well. But what’s even better, is that when you both see and expect those things of me, I can’t help but do everything in my power to rise to the occasion. To me, that is why it is so important to have a good partner in marriage! When both of you feel that way, its almost as if you are both pulling each other up by each other’s boot straps and you achieve something you couldn’t have on your own.
Okay, so on to the good stuff – here are just a few of the things that I love about you that make me crazy excited to see you to make sure you’re real:
- your boldness, both in reaching out to me in such a genuine fashion, and in your own life as you’ve put everything on the line to establish your company [and now this blog…her boldness continues :)]
- your empathy – actually thinking about how I am probably feeling about certain things (and being dead on!) and reassuring me those things will pass
- that you view (and seem to have always done so) your career as a means to empower your family, and not as the end all/be all it is to so many others
- that you want a man/gentleman to “take care” of you and treat you like a lady (even though it’s obvious you don’t need to be taken care of, and are doing just fine on your own. But there is something beautiful about coming together and the blending of roles)
- your beauty – nuff said!
- that you’ve been successful – not because of what that means monetarily, but because you understand the value of hard work and the money you earned – such experience makes us more likely to use what money we do have wisely – and because you will be able to teach your kids from personal experience that they are limitless, they can do and be and overcome anything – that is a lesson every child needs to learn – and who better to hear it from than their mother!
- that you spent almost an entire weekend mentoring your young women – whether it was driving them to and from CT, or preparing for and teaching a lesson. I don’t have to see it to know that your service means the world to them and that you are a role model in so many ways to them
- that you seek to build those around you, whether through church service or sharing your own story to help inspire others to move forward with faith and hope and transformation
- that you have figured out for yourself the meaning and value of this life and all that it has to offer, and that you can so powerfully remind me of it myself when my own vision is limited
- that your effect on me is significant enough that people around me have noticed an added layer of happiness and contentedness (and keep in mind, I’m known for those traits already – but my friends and co-workers have seen something else in my smile and in the way I carry myself)
- your obvious concerns for living a healthy life – I want to be with someone who wants to live their life in such a way that the grand kids have to keep up with them and not the other way around
- your unashamedly candid writing – I’m actually getting to know the real you and not just what you’d like me to read
- the life and joy that is written on your face and can be seen in your eyes
- your ability to see me for who I am and who I want to be
- that I am more grateful to God because of you and your friendship
- your sock puppet skills…seriously cool
- that one of my favorite people I’ve met since moving to Boston thinks the world of you!
Okay, that’s it for now. I feel kind of silly repeating what you said to me, but the truth really is that I think you’re amazing, you have qualities I didn’t even know I COULD look for that now I’m saying are a MUST! You will be a great wife, mother, partner, and friend to whatever man is seriously lucky enough to win you over (I can’t believe that currently that man is ME! AAAHHHHHH!). Thank you for bringing so much joy into my life.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your family. You’re probably going to spoil your nieces/nephews, which I’m sure they deserve. Can’t wait to hear more from you, whenever you get a chance. Farewell for now.
Your not so secret admirer –
Grilled Fish Sandwich with a Spicy Mayo served on Johnny Cakes (had this at the Ritz in the Virgin Islands and began recreating it the second I got home)
Danny, aahhhhhh…..i am just beside myself. I am so overwhelmed that i can barely think or write. That was the best email i have ever received . I feel like I am in a dream and I will wake up to my normal life. I don’t know if I can wait until Friday to meet you. I’m not joking.
Danny, what can I say but thank you!!!! I thought it was a pipe dream to ever meet someone like you. Really. You are a miracle to me. Thank you for just being alive! Haha. I love you so much at this moment.
I’ll write again. For now, know that I am beaming!
|Bacon Pepper-Jack Cheese Burger with Guacamole|
Well, that just plain makes me happy. It really doesn’t feel possible, does it. And yet, it’s becoming more and more real every day that its starting to feel normal, like this is exactly what I should be feeling.
Thinking of you often, with the smiles to prove it.
|Home-made Pesto and Chicken Pizza with Roasted Red Peppers|
I want to just write you for like four hours. And tell u a million thank yous for the man that you are. Ahhhhhh…..I am ridiculously yours. Hook line and sinker. I don’t even care that I am writing this to you even though we have not met. This connection is the most beautiful thing I have ever experienced with a man and I want to completely indulge in it and savor every drop of it. What I am feeling now is so glorious …. I truly didn’t know if I would ever feel this way. And, darling, if we meet, and somehow things are different….. Please know that all will be well. Because I have been in HEAVEN since day one. And these moments of pure joy are worth every bit of vulnerability.
I am still basking in the beautiful email you sent me. Danny, you really just stopped me in my tracks. I am just amazed at how perfectly you described me!!!!! That is all me. To a T. How do you do it? I guess we really are getting to know the real people behind these letters on this screen. Crazy, right? That you could know me so deeply and be able to write something that describes me so perfectly, yet we have never met….well, I am loving this. And I am so willing to put my heart out on the table for you. You have me. All of me. I am so willing to do this because the potential reward of getting you would be a blessing beyond measure.
I should get to sleep. Thank you for your constant example. Thank you for serving as much as you do. Everyday I want to be (and have been) a better person because of you. I mean that!!!!!
Ok – goodnight! Until tmw…..